supporting students, supporting learning
Welcome to the website of the GSA Learning Support and Development Service. These pages provide strategies for everything from writing, to time management, to 2nd language support and much more.
At the Glasgow School of Art our courses are designed to support the creative development of students in their chosen subject. The School also has an excellent record of providing specialist support services that complement and underpin the core provision available through the academic departments. The Learning Support and Development Service is part of Student Support Services, which includes Student Welfare and Student Counselling.
At Learning Support we help students to:
- think about their learning and how they learn
- find solutions to difficulties and address challenges that they may be having in their studies
- explore their study strategies and skills
- build on their strengths
We provide learning support in a number of different ways:
- a range of learning and study skills materials and workshops
- recommended strategies for students who are studying in a second language
- individual learning support appointments
- assessment and support for students with disabilities that impact on learning, including dyslexia.
Contact us for more information
Tel: 0141 353 4787
or call in to No. 30 Hill Street (on the corner of Rose Street) to arrange an appointment. We are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.